Wednesday, June 8, 2016



April 4, 2016

I was not able to write last week because of mission changes. I am very sad to leave my beautiful beach area in Puerto, but now have a new area in the mountains of Ocotal. I spent one full year in Puerto which is unusual, but there was so much work that we did there and opened up new areas. I boarded the second flight to Managua and sadly sat in my seat for the hour long flight. I had to renew my ID to stay in country, and then took a 4 1/2 hour bus ride to my new area in Ocotal. When I left Puerto Cabezas, they almost threw me in jail for having an expired cedula and I felt super awkward because the lady was not being reasonable with me. After waiting and waiting, I got the flight and hit the road. I miss Puerto already, but I know that when my mission is complete that I will return to see my families there. Ocotal is wonderful! I already love it here! We made baptismal dates with 7 people my first week here. It was such a wonderful feeling to feel the spirit here. We brought many with us to General Conference. My new companion is cool. Elder Rodriguez from Honduras. I went from the beach life to the mountain life where it is dry and hills all around. This is going to be awesome! I love you all and hope that you have a great week! Remember to read your scriptures, to pray and ponder! I love the gospel and the changes that it makes in peoples lives! Search for those lost souls and bring them to church! That is my challenge to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment