Saturday, October 25, 2014

My last night of watching TV and staying up late...

Well tomorrow I will be set apart as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints! 132 days ago I received my mission call to serve in the Nicaragua Managua North Mission and I am anxious more and more every day to go out into the mission field and serve the Lord. I leave to the Provo MTC this Wednesday for 6 weeks. As I look back in my life there have been periods of time where I have, and have not wanted to go on a mission. But I guess I matured a lot at the end of last year/beginning of this year. I realized how grateful I am for all that I have in my life. I realized that all I have is because of the love of my Heavenly Father. I wanted to find someway to give back to Him for all that he has given me. As many of you know, I like to work and serve others. I realized the best way to serve Him, was to go on a mission. I looked around and saw many good friends going on missions and what great examples they are in my life and how grateful I am that Heavenly Father put these people in my life to help provide that great example for me. I started my papers as soon as I could and ever since have felt the spirit assuring me that this is what I need to do in this time of my life. And so here I am right now, T-minus 3 days till starting the greatest journey of my life! I am grateful for this opportunity and for all who've helped me along the way. I'm not the best writer nor do I like to write but I will try my best to write something for my amazing mom to post on here so you guys can know how the mission is going! I love you all and hope that you enjoy reading about my life as a missionary, un misionero de La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias. Oh and my mission is in spanish so be prepared for some spanish! ;P

As I was preparing my "farewell" talk last night I found an awesome scripture that I'd like to share with y'all. In Galatians 5:13, the apostle Paul is talking and says "But by love serve one another". In order to serve one another, we must love one another. Its not always easy but hey, we CAN do it. We can love one another and happily serve. As we serve, we must have love in our heart. If we don't have love in our heart, are we purely serving?

No comments:

Post a Comment